Monday, September 22, 2008

Friendships

Do you ever wonder how strong your friendships are? Will they stand the test of time and of the difficult things that sometimes must be said between friends? To be honest, I have VERY FEW relationships in my life that I feel could withstand much pressure. I don't just mean friendships either. I have a hard time figuring out when to speak my mind and when to keep my big mouth shut. History has shown me that keeping my big mouth shut is best, selfish sometimes, but best for me. I am at a place in my life where I have to evaluate this practice and figure out what to do next. I am so thankful for Brian. My relationship with him has stood the test of time, 16 years total, 13 of them married. It has also withstood many pressures from within and without. Without him, I would be lost. Any feedback is welcome.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think we learn who we can say certain things to and who we can't. It's sad that you can't be honest with your friends. Are they true friends if they can't take what you say with love? If I think something may upset someone, I will run it by Brian. Sometimes it helps to get that second opinion. And sadly yes, sometimes it's best if we don't say anything at all.