Friday, September 5, 2008

Cory's cool teacher

A couple of years ago I bought a book called Magyk by Angie Sage to read as a bedtime story to Cory, since he was reading Harry Potter for AR points so we couldn't read them at bedtime. Well, we really liked it and then I found the second book, Flyte, which we also enjoyed very much. I have been on the lookout for the next books in the series at wally world and the book fair at school and haven't seen it. Cory came home from the first day of school so excited because his social studies teacher, Ms. Sherman, had the next books in her classroom library. She lets the kids check out the books for several days at a time, so we were figuring out when Cory could check them out for him and then for me! She only allows the student one book at a time. After he read Physik, he returned it and was explaining to Ms. Sherman about me wanting to read the book also. She let him bring me the book, without checking it out. I was so excited. I really appreciate Ms. Sherman's generosity and kindness.

No comments: