Monday, September 1, 2008

Disaster/Flood Relief

Cory, Jessie and I went again today with our church to help out with flood relief. It was really heartbreaking to carry out family pictures in albums and frames all water logged with flood waters, as well as clothes that the mom was saving from the oldest son to give to the younger one. I didn't feel very helpful today. Most of the stuff people still needed doing involved heavy lifting and such, but I know that everything we did was something the families we helped didn't have to do. I pray for these families and hope that they know that God did not cause their homes to be ruined, but that He can turn this mess into something good. I am deeply thankful for our church and the people in it who have hearts to show the practical love of Jesus.

No comments: