Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
today was my first therapy day for my wrist. it hurt A Lot, and it was very discouraging. i can barely move it and any movement hurts. i felt like such a baby because the whole experience made me cry. the worst part was i couldn't dry it up before the therapist returned with my water. (she went to get ice water because the pain was making me feel sick.) she said this is normal because the sympathetic nervous system responds in this way at times. i wish mine wasn't quite so sympathetic!! i went up to work to take back the coolers i had picked up for them at cc griffin last week. what a dork! i was supposed to work today! i just assumed that i wouldn't work today since it was Monday and that is usually not a busier day. now i only get to work one day this week. well, at least i got the first therapy day out of the way. it has to get better from here!
Friday, November 7, 2008
- i got my cast off today. i am now in a removable wrist brace. a real shower tonight with no zip lock bags or duct tape! yea!! the wrist looks gross, bloody and small.
- for some odd reason i was shocked when the doc told me 4 more weeks of no work with the left arm. i still need pain meds every six hours and cannot stand for there to be any weight on the arm. by the end of the day i can't even stand for the fingers on my left hand to touch each other!
- i am sad because 2 people i liked at work quit abruptly yesterday after i left. i knew one of them was upset about something, but with her limited English and my more limited Spanish i could do little to comfort her. i am glad i took the time to give her a hug and let her know i was thinking of her. i didn't ask what happened. sometimes you can tell enough by what is not said to know to mind your own business.
- i really wish i had been able to take a conversational Spanish class this quarter, but it is probably best i didn't since i would have missed so much right after i got hurt.
- a sweet lady who had moved away came back and was working today! yea!
- did i mention i get to take a real shower with no plastic or duct tape? yea!!
- i need to figure out what is going on for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. i usually make gifts for my friends, but that is not likely with just one arm/hand. it will also change what i can do in regards to baking/cooking. God is really working on my control issues right now! i am really having to let other people do things that i would have insisted on doing myself in the past!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
i am not happy with the results. i am proud that our country has come to a place that an African American can be elected president. i just don't like this particular choice. a very wise person said recently that he was not going to fret and wring his hands over this election because God is still in control. this has brought me great peace ever since i heard him say it. (thanks jimmy!) i was able to comfort my son with this same statement this morning as he was lamenting the outcome of the election. well, we will continue to do the best we can and trust God to take care of things.
Monday, November 3, 2008
it seems just when i got caught up with what is going on with the world (having a blog), i find out i am still behind everyone else! it seems all my friends are on facebook. i thought i was too old for that stuff. i like my little blog, but i might have to check out the facebook thing.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
here are my scary kids and beautiful witch Emma. it was the weirdest Halloween at our house. the Hatchers, minus Stephen, came to trick or treat and hang out. that is not the weird part. the weird part is that there were hardly any trick or treaters in our neighborhood. we usually have tons from our neighborhood and more coming in carloads from other places to trick or treat. i am sure we had less than 25 kids the whole night! it was good to hang out with Steve and Catherine. we don't spend near enough time with them. i think Emma had fun with Cory and Jessie.