Monday, October 13, 2008

on the mend...and overwhelming love

well, here is a recap of my weekend:
i went to work at 6 am Friday. at around 6:30 i fell from the uppermost section of the cooler backwards. i guess all of my weight landed on my elbow. i got to ride in an ambulance. long story short, i ended up with a dislocated elbow and wrist and broken bones in my wrist and elbow. i had surgery to put a plate and screws in my wrist and and to put ball and pin in my elbow. basically, i sheared off the end of my elbow and they made me a new one. i had to stay in the hospital till Sunday afternoon. first, arm and elbow pain, then reaction to the pain meds (lots of throwing up), then had to wait for the fever to go down. so glad to be home!!!!!!!!

i am overwhelmed by the love and support shown to me and my family during this difficult time. i have gotten beautiful flowers and and delicious food and much appreciated visits and phone calls and especially prayers!). i truly cannot imagine going thru life without our church family to lift me and my family up and take care of us. i am doubly blessed because of the people with whom i work. some of my friends from work came to see me in the hospital. friends from church went grocery shopping. other friends took care of getting our kids to and from school and to their church activities. sorry, capitalization too hard with one hand!
sorry if this sounds loopy, good pain meds...

No comments: