Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No school, floodwaters etc.

Well it is the 3rd day of school...and it is cancelled! Tropical storm Fay has dumped a lot of rain on us and they are saying we will get more. I don't think my home is in danger, but we rode through the neighborhood, and that is not the case for all of my neighbors. It won't take too much more till some of them are looking at water in their homes. The kids wanted to ride down Rocky River Road to see how bad Rocky River is flooded. We have lived here for 10 years and this is the worst flooding we have seen. There are houses that are completely surrounded by water and I am sure there are some already flooded, but we didn't venture too far from home. My kids warmed my heart by coming to me and announcing that they had discussed it and decided that we should open our home to anyone who needed a place to stay because of the flooding and bad weather. I am so thankful for everyone who has had a hand in raising them this far. I am so thankful we have a church home that provides opportunities for even our young children to participate in mission work and see from an early age that life is not all about them.

No comments: