Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting in the swing of things and other ramblings...

I am glad to be getting back in the swing of things. It was frustrating to have to stay home yesterday. It is hard to get into a rhythm of the school schedule when you have to start and stop at the beginning. I wish that they didn't go back to school till after Labor Day, then they could go to school a while before having a day off. I am not complaining about having yesterday off. Watching people in my neighborhood and down Rocky River Road have to try to save their belongings while having their homes invaded by nasty flood waters and by nasty critters trying to escape flood waters certainly helped me keep my perspective on that! Today was the first day for me to pick up a friend's child after school. I don't know the family very well, but he seems like a great kid and I am enjoying listening to he and Cory attempt to do homework while getting to know each other. I am letting them be way sillier and not really get any work done than I normally would when there is homework to do, but I know it is important for them to "bond". From what I know of the family, I would love for Cory and "J" to become good friends. I work with "J's" older brother, who is the ripe old age of 17 and has already finished high school. He is a wonderful Christian young man. I tease him that if I could, I would freeze him until Jessie is old enough to date. Yes, he is that great!! Well, I need to see about supper and see if these boys can't focus a little on their homework...

No comments: